I am not a fan of holidays, generally speaking. I might have gone over this before, but I am not someone who waits for permission or reason to celebrate. I look at life as a celebration; every day rife with opportunity to cheer, rejoice, or otherwise make merry.
That said, it is almost Halloween, so I might as well start talking about Thanksgiving. So much happens in the delis in preparation for this day of days. Turkey starts roasting, potatoes get mashed, gravy gets stirred, and pumpkins turn into magical treats before your eyes. If it wasn’t for the actual holidays, I would enjoy this time of year very much.
This is what you can expect from the Co-op Delis this year:
- Pumpkin desserts: pie, cake, brioche, muffins.
- Turkey: Roasted and delicious
- Potatoes: all kinds of goodness in all kinds of ways
- Gravy: Vegan and traditional (and the vegan is actually quite good, but don’t tell my brother I said that)
- Stuffing: a bit of this and a bit of that makes our stuffing quite tasty
- Pies. fruit, chocolate cream, pecan and all other kinds of yumminess; vegan, alternative sugar sweetened and all other type of allergen-free goodness available
So get down to the delis and buy what you need to prepare for the upcoming federally prescribed holidays. Start stretching out that tummy now for the big day. Go into big meal training so Thanksgiving doesn’t leave you feeling like you need to start working out again.
Let everyone know about the co-op and its magic by sharing this post in one way or another: like it, tweet it, or send the link via email. It’s the internet baby! Use it!